With offices in the world’s major entertainment and media centers, including Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco, our Entertainment Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice can assist motion picture studios, television networks, music broadcasters, financiers, distributors, publishers, video game developers and publishers, sports teams and leagues, talent, and talent agencies in their most important disputes.
The entertainment and media industries are governed by a voluminous patchwork of rules and precedents developed over decades. At the same time, the rapid growth of new technologies and entrants into the industries – such as video gaming and social media – has generated novel legal issues. Experience in the industries and innovative strategies are critical to success. Our practice can assist with high stakes cases involving claims in diverse, but often related, areas such as breach of contract, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, fraud, idea theft, and unfair competition.
Our media and entertainment practice is prepared to arbitrate and take high-stakes cases to trial to seek victory thought litigation, including for matters involving:
- Content creation, financing, production, distribution, and exhibition
- Crisis and reputation management
- Defamation and right of publicity, including name-and-likeness rights
- First Amendment
- Participations and royalties
- Patents and trade secrets
- Personal service contracts, including executive and employee mobility claims
- Privacy, including the Video Privacy Protection and the Biometric Information Protection Acts
- Trademark, trade dress, and antipiracy
- Unfair competition and false advertising