Do you have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD),also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)? After the body suffers an injury or trauma, this neurological condition can develop and drastically change one’s life, by limiting one’s ability to use the affected limb and limiting one’s ability to perform basic tasks. The ability to complete routing activities of daily living may be lost or much more difficult. As a hallmark characterstic of RSD, we usually see a great loss of strength in the affected limb, discoloration of the affected limb, swelling, extreme sensitivity, and excruciating pain that our clients say feels like their limb is on fire or being electrocuted.
If you or someone you know is living with this serious and painful condition, an experienced RSD/CRPS attorney may be able to help. At Tien Law Firm, we have recovered financial compensation for clients who suffer from the chronic pain of RSD due to others’ negligent actions.
As a dedicated advocate and attorney for my clients with CRPS, we have made it our mission to understand the complexity of CRPS and fight for our clients who have had to receive that diagnosis on account of the negligence of someone else.
RSD/CRPS lawsuits may be filed when the condition is caused by an:
- Injury, such as in a car accident,
- Unnecessary surgery,
- Injection given in the wrong place,
- IV infiltration that went unnoticed.
More Information About CRPS/RSD
Understanding Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Key Legal Issues in CRPS/RSD Cases
CRPS/ RSD Treatment
Have you have been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS? Contact us today for a free consultation.
We have client suffering from CRPS with out knowledge and in-depth understanding of the complex disease. Our RSD lawyers understands that this chronic condition is painful, permanent and expensive. An RSD lawsuit addresses the potential for a lifetime of medical bills. Some of our clients have ended up on disability. They are financially devastated, and dealing with the negative effects of the syndrome on their social and personal relationships.
There are definite benefits to choosing an attorney who is experienced in RSD/CRPS cases:
- We know how to discuss the chronic pain of this often misunderstood condition with insurance adjusters, defense lawyers and juries;
- We have heard and already addressed many defense arguments against RSD claimants,
- Medical professionals we have worked with may be able to offer resources and powerful testimony;
- We handle these cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if you do.
RSD/CRPS Lawsuit Information
The value of an North Carolina RSD/CRPS case depends on a number of factors, including the:
- Severity of the RSD, as medically diagnosed;
- Amount and type of treatment required;
- Whether permanency is medically documented;
- Amount of claimant’s lost wages, which can be large in RSD cases; and
- Amount of the victim’s economic damages.
Length and Cost of an RSD Case
Each case is different, but it is more common for theses case to take about two years versus just a few months. As a Complex Regional Pain Syndrome lawyer, we understand that most sufferers do not have the money to take legal action. This is why we generally take care of the case costs. Remember, as your RSD law firm, we never get paid unless you get paid!
Symptoms of RSD
Not all patients have all the signs or symptoms of RSD. The first sign is pain that is more severe than expected after bodily trauma, such as a broken bone or motor vehicle accident injury.
- Burning pain and/or swelling in the affected area;
- Changes in skin’s temperature, sensitivity, color and characteristics; and
- Symptoms that progressively worsen.
It is very important that RSD victims be diagnosed promptly by a qualified physician, preferably with a specialist that has treated this condition before, since early treatment can lead to better outcomes. If you’ve been diagnosed with this condition as the result of an injury or medical negligence, we invite you to contact our RSD/CRPS lawyers now to ask any questions that you have and see if we can help.